Thursday, April 15, 2010

The employees and the employers

I just was amazed to see the news about Infosys employees and their frustration using social networking sites. Since ages, the employees were not given much rights and conditions favored the employer. During the slave trade era, the slaves were the property of their masters even according to law! The abolition of slavery put a burden on the masters in terms of money and rights. Thanks to modern age, with the advent of communism the formation of trade unions is the key to protect the interests of the employees.
I was reading the comments of this article in the message board. Surprisingly, I could not see one positive aspect or comment about that company. The so-called "mentor" of Infosys, Hon'ble Narayan Murthy always preaches values and things that do not fit into the way Infosys treats it's employees.I was surprised how this company grew inspite of such frustration amongst the employees. I had the chance to interact with some software professionals. I still wonder how you can earn so much salary in spite of having average intelligence. I rarely find people who are really qualified for the job. The so-called "Best Employer Award" given by a media house needs to reconsidered in wake of such allegations.
I still wonder how the so-called founders of the company can live with such guilt and preach moral values!

No comments: